SERVES 4 – 126 calories per serving
- 200g organic plum cherry tomatoes
- A bunch of fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground pepper and Maldon salt
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 50g shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups aborio risotto rice
- Place the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until a juice is formed.
- Finely chop the onion and place in a large saucepan along with 100ml of the stock and cook until the onion has softened and become translucent.
- Add the risotto rice and keep stirring for a minute or so, before adding the tomato mix and the rest of the stock.
- Continually stir the risotto while it slowly absorbs the stock and the rice has a slight bite to it. This should take around 20 minutes on a simmer.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately, topped with some freshly topped basil or parmesan, if you wish.