Having spent the day revising and with a pile of ironing to look forward to this evening, I needed to come up with something quick and simple for dinner. The end result was incredibly tasty and took no more than 5 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook!
As this is a vegan dish I’ve used the flaxseed and water mix in place of an egg, but you could of course use an egg to bind the burgers if you don’t have any flaxseed to hand.
- 400g tin blackballs
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tsp light tamari
- salt and pepper
- Blitz half the blackbeans along with the sun-dried tomatoes and garlic in a food processor.
- Place the resulting paste in a large bowl along with all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Using a metal mould (I use a pastry cutter), fill with the burger mix pressing well into the corners and levelling as you go. Repeat and continue until all the mix has been used. I managed to make 2 burgers using a large mould.
- Place the burgers in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and gently cook the burgers for 5 minutes on both sides.
- Serve inside a bun or with salad.