This dish makes a great midweek feast which you can adapt to suit whatever veg is still lurking in the bottom of your fridge.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 onion
- 300g mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 1 aubergine
- A handful of green beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 600ml vegetable stock
- Place the quinoa in a bowl and cover with water. Set to one side.
- Chop the onion and pop in a large frying pan with 100ml of the vegetable stock and allow to sauté for 10 minutes until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Finely chop the mushrooms and add to the pan and cook for a further 2 minutes. Finely chop the remainder of the veg and add in turn to the pan, stirring after each addition.
- Add the chilli powder and crushed garlic, tomato puree and vegetable stock. Stir well. Rinse and drain the quinoa before adding to the pan.
- Cook for 30 minutes stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for a couple of minutes before serving.