This recipe is GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE and VEGAN. I always try and use organic foods, where possible, but the recipe will work just as well with non-organic produce.
This is a great way to add an easy twist to a whole host of classic dishes where you would normally serve potatoes. And, unlike our beloved mash, this version requires no added fat so it’s a little easier on the waistline.
If you don’t have a blender simply mash the sweet potatoes, carrots and cannellini beans with a masher, or ricer if you have one. Feel free to add more or less garlic and coriander to suit your tastes.
SERVES 4 – 246 calories per serving
- 500g sweet potato
- 200g carrots
- 380g tin of cannellini beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and chop into 2 cm slices before placing in a pan of boiling water. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and add to the water. Boil for 15-20 minutes or until tender, drain and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain the cannellini beans and pop into a food blender along with the 3 cloves of peeled garlic, coriander and salt and pepper. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and blitz until you have a smooth, puree like consistency.
- Your sweet potato and carrot mash is now ready to be served with your favourite meal. No more boring mash and no added fat!