This recipe for gluten free granola is so simple yet incredibly delicious. You’ll get about 12 servings from the measurements detailed below, for a bigger batch, just double up.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raw pecans chopped
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, coconut, cinnamon, salt and pecans. Set aside.
- Melt honey and coconut oil together over low heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla to warm coconut oil/honey mixture. Stir until combined.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until all dry ingredients are evenly coated.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring the granola half way through baking time. It may feel soft when you remove it from the oven, but it gets harder and crunchier as it cools so please be careful and do not over bake.
- Allow the granola to cool and use it with my Acai Bowl recipe, your favourite yogurt or milk. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.